The Start menu is supposed to give you quick access to programs and files, but it often ends up being a real mess. This is the time when you need some alternative like Executor.
Despite its scary name, Executor is a nice, useful application that enables you to open files and launch your favorite applications and websites just by typing the keywords you have previously assigned to them. What's more, as the program auto-completes each entry, the first few letters are usually enough. The program also includes some built-in keywords for the most common tasks, such as performing a Google search or opening the Control Panel.
Executor features an extensive configuration menu that enables you to customize every single detail. It also has support for skins, but the included skins are generally very dark and hard to read. Luckily enough, you can create your own personal color combination and save it as skin.
- Added ability to add custom scan paths for indexing/scanning.
- Added that the icon for each keyword can now be customized.
- Added a new more organized settings interface with more options (some where previously hidden).
- Added list can now also contain large items, where each item has a 32x32 pixel icon.
- Added optional "Group" as a new keyword property.
- Added index settings now tell the amount of index items, and "scan now" button gives a bit more feedback.
- Added the keyword "apps" to the default keywords. This will list (and option to open) current running applications. Also each can be right-clicked for a number of options.
- Added the keyword "clipboard" to the default keywords. This will list previous clipboard text. Also each can be right-clicked for a number of options.
- Added the keyword "recent" to the default keywords. This will list (and option to open) most recent documents.
- Added lastfm to the default keywords.
- Added an option to run keywords/commands on startup. Found in settings (under misc.)
- Added setting "Always align to center of screen" to "General" settings.
- Added setting "Lock window position and size". The setting can be found in "General" settings, and in the context menu if you right-click Executor and select "More...".
- Added setting "Only auto-complete when cursor is at end of text, or at start of suggestion."
- Added "Quick launch" and "Desktop" items are now scanned for short-cuts too.
- Added Auto-completion in drop-down (by typing something while focus is on drop-down).
- Added a setting to "Drop down / list" called "Auto size to fit number of items". If enabled this will trim down (auto size) the height of the list, if list contains less than the max number of visible items.